The Polish radiology was born in first days of January 1896 in Kraków where the first radiological experiments were performed by Professor Karol Olszewski at the Jagiellonian University. Scientists and physicians in Kraków (mainly connected to Jagiellonian University) are among the pioneers of radiology in Poland or even in the world.
In 1951 the Chair of Radiology was established on the Faculty of Medicine at the Academy of Medicine in Kraków. In 1993 the Chair of Radiology together with the Faculty of Medicine returned to the Jagiellonian University Medical College.
The first Polish X-Ray images (Kraków, January-February 1896)